I've got less than a week until the MCM Historic Half Marathon. It's time to get ready for the race mentally and physically. Yesterday I ran my last long run, 13.5 miles. At 6:00am I was out for my run and it was great. In my mind I was visualizing the race a week away. It felt great!
I believe that you need to visualize yourself in race mode in your practice. If you are able to do that, you will not get yourself psyched out or stressed on race day.
Think about what you are eating a few days before, at least. We'll discuss this on the next post but it is never too soon to hydrate. I carry a Kor water bottle with me including my Yoli Health drink everywhere I go. Stay away from the junk food, sugar, processed food or you'll pay for it in stomach and digestive issues during your race.
More to come on the next post.
Happy Running.
www.heidijcox.com
MCM Fredericksburg Historic Half May 2010
Heidi and Melissa-We did it in record time! Happy after the race in my motorhome.
Welcome to Heidi J Cox's Running Blog
Hi Runners New, Old and Aspiring to Be!
Join us as we learn, inspire and have fun in our chosen sport of running. I look forward to your contributions and suggestions.
25 years ago I was the top female runner in my high school. I began to run again for the first time last year since I'd never entered an adult race. In 2009 I ran my first two half marathons.
My goal is to successfully complete the Marine Corps Marathon this October 2010. I've come a long way, learned a great deal and have a long way to go. Join me on my journey and that we can inspire each other as we reach our goals. Happy Running! Heidi J Cox
Join us as we learn, inspire and have fun in our chosen sport of running. I look forward to your contributions and suggestions.
25 years ago I was the top female runner in my high school. I began to run again for the first time last year since I'd never entered an adult race. In 2009 I ran my first two half marathons.
My goal is to successfully complete the Marine Corps Marathon this October 2010. I've come a long way, learned a great deal and have a long way to go. Join me on my journey and that we can inspire each other as we reach our goals. Happy Running! Heidi J Cox
My First Half Marathon: VA BEACH :Labor Day 2009
I never even ran a 5K
9 Time Gold Medal Olympian Carl Lewis
January 2010 in Las Vegas: Discusses the Importance of Quality Nutritional Drinks for Athletes
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment