MCM Fredericksburg Historic Half May 2010

MCM Fredericksburg  Historic Half May 2010
Heidi and Melissa-We did it in record time! Happy after the race in my motorhome.

Welcome to Heidi J Cox's Running Blog

Hi Runners New, Old and Aspiring to Be!



Join us as we learn, inspire and have fun in our chosen sport of running. I look forward to your contributions and suggestions.




25 years ago I was the top female runner in my high school. I began to run again for the first time last year since I'd never entered an adult race. In 2009 I ran my first two half marathons.



My goal is to successfully complete the Marine Corps Marathon this October 2010. I've come a long way, learned a great deal and have a long way to go. Join me on my journey and that we can inspire each other as we reach our goals. Happy Running! Heidi J Cox













My First Half Marathon: VA BEACH :Labor Day 2009

My First Half Marathon: VA BEACH :Labor Day 2009
I never even ran a 5K

9 Time Gold Medal Olympian Carl Lewis

9 Time  Gold Medal Olympian Carl Lewis
January 2010 in Las Vegas: Discusses the Importance of Quality Nutritional Drinks for Athletes

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Resveratrol, Antioxidants, and Organic Food for Better Performance

Dr. Mercola has had some very well researched and often shocking honest information about natural health. One of his most recent posts highlighted to his Subscribers lists the benefits of resveratrol. We find this in grapes and wine. It is in the grape seeds and skin. We need to be conscious though of the sugar in grapes and the alcohol in wine of course. Organic foods have more benefits for our health than non organic. Organic gives us fruit and vegetables with more antioxidants produced as well as the absence of pesticides.

Of course if you take better care of your body, your athletic results will improve and excell. It sounds like obvious advice but with the media giving us mixed information and advertisers trying to sell us things daily without any thought for our health, just their profit, it can be very confusing.

I've been in natural health for many years and have sorted through many products, good and bad.

Feel free to subscribe to my mailing list or for more health tips for active people or runners or view my website at

Have a great weekend!

Heidi J Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment